1/2 cup green bean
1/4 cup barley
1 litre water
2 pandan leaves, washed and cut off dead edges
1 big lump of crystal rock sugar (about 35g)
1. Wash green beans in running tap water.
2. Place beans in a pot of water. Bring beans and water to a boil over medium heat. Cover with lid.
3. Briefly was pearl barley, and place in the pot, when water boiled.
4. Tie pandan leaves together into a knot. Add in pandan leaves and rock sugar into boiling water.
5. Reduce heat to low fire, simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until beans have slightly expanded out of their skins. Texture of beans and barley should be soft and fluffy.
Recipe adapted from mywoklifeIngredientsrice ball:
60g glutinuous rice flour
soup: 1 slice of ginger
1 lump of palm sugar/ gula melaka (adjust sweetness to your liking)
1 pot of water, 50% filled
Place glutinuous rice flour in a clean large bowl.
Put some water (in few stages) while kneating the flour into dough, which means mix the flour with a little bit of water, kneat and put a little bit of water again.
Repeat the step till it becomes dough.
The texture of the dough has to be smooth and a little sticky.
Take a small lump of dough, put on your palm and roll into bite-sized ball.
Repeat till all complete.
Boil a pot of water over high heat.
Place ginger slices into the boiling water.
Add gula melaka.
Bring broth into a boil again.
Place rice balls into the boiling broth.
Wait till all rice balls rise to the surface of the broth.
Turn off heat and serve.
Makes 16 balls.
Will SHE make it again?
YES. when it is dong zhi.