4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sake
2 chicken thigh fillets
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup cooked white rice
1. Place soy sauce, miring, sugar and sake in a bowl. Mix and marinade for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
3. Line a baking tray with foil.
4. Remove chicken thigh fillets and brush with oil. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
5. Place fillets on the foil-lined tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Tip: to determine if the chicken is cooked, prick it with a fork. The juice should run clear.
6. Serve on top of steamed white rice.
Recipe for grilled unagi Ingredient 1 fillet of whole unagi (eel) Instructions 1. Line baking tray with aluminium foil. Place unagi on top. 2. Without preheating, put the baking tray in the middle rack of the oven, and broil on high for 7 minutes (no need to flip). 3. After 7 minutes or so, take it out