Recipe from The Definitive Drinking Guide by Tim Philip
40 ml Tanqueray No. Ten
10ml Pedro Ximenez Sherry
20ml Rhubarb compote
15ml Fresh Lemon juice
10ml Sugar syrup
Dash of egg white
Soda to fill Contains 17 grams of alcohol per serve
1. Add all ingredients, minus the soda, to a shaker and dry shake.
2. Add ice and shake for 10 seconds as hard as you can.
3. Strain into a chilled 300ml fizz glass.
4. Top up slowly with soda.
Recipe by Tim Philip
1 bunch of rhubarb
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla pod or 2 star anise
1. Take fresh rhubarb stalks, discard any leaves and wash stalks thoroughly
2. Chop stalks into 5cm pieces and put in a saucepan
3. Add half a cup of water, half a cup of sugar and some spice (a split vanilla pod or two star anise work best)
4. Cover and cook on a medium heat until the mix softens and steams (usually around 10 minutes)
5. Remove spices and hand blend until smooth
6. Chill before use