Recipe from 8 days
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sake
2 chicken thigh fillets
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup cooked white rice
1. Place soy sauce, miring, sugar and sake in a bowl. Mix and marinade for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
3. Line a baking tray with foil.
4. Remove chicken thigh fillets and brush with oil. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
5. Place fillets on the foil-lined tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Tip: to determine if the chicken is cooked, prick it with a fork. The juice should run clear.
6. Serve on top of steamed white rice.
Recipe from Just One Cookbook
1 bundle soba
1 green onion and more for garnish
1/8 cup chopped cilantro and more for garnish
1 tbsp. sesame seeds and more for garnish
1/2 tbsp. oil (olive oil)
1 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. crushed red peppers
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- For the dressing, combine oil, sesame oil and crushed red peppers in a small bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Set aside to let it cool a bit.
- Place honey and so sauce in a medium bowl and mix. Add the oil mixture in the bowl and whisk all together until honey is completely dissolved.
- For soba noodles, bring water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to the package instruction but keep it al dente (you do not need to salt the water for cooking soba). Drain the soba and water into a colander and rinse under the cold running water. Drain well and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing, green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds into the soba and toss everything together. Serve on a bowl or plate and sprinkle extra green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish.