Recipe adapted from Just One Cookbook
3 chicken thigh with/without skin
For seasoning A
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp sake
1 tsp salt
For seasoning B
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sake
1. Discard both ends of the cucumbers and peel the skin, leaving some part unpeeled for the look.
2. Cut the cucumbers in “rangiri style”, making long, thin diagonal cuts while rotating one-quarter between every cut.
3. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
4. Place the chicken in a frying pan skin side down and add Seasoning A.
5. Cover and start cooking over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, then turn the chicken over and continue simmering covered for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. Continue cooking with the remaining heat and make sure the chicken is cooked through.
7. Combine Seasoning B in a large air tight container.
8. Remove the warm chicken from the pan and add in the container.
9. Add the cucumber and mix well. Let marinate for at least 10 minutes. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Serve cool or at room temperature.