1/2 cup green bean
1/4 cup barley
1 litre water
2 pandan leaves, washed and cut off dead edges
1 big lump of crystal rock sugar (about 35g)
1. Wash green beans in running tap water.
2. Place beans in a pot of water. Bring beans and water to a boil over medium heat. Cover with lid.
3. Briefly was pearl barley, and place in the pot, when water boiled.
4. Tie pandan leaves together into a knot. Add in pandan leaves and rock sugar into boiling water.
5. Reduce heat to low fire, simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until beans have slightly expanded out of their skins. Texture of beans and barley should be soft and fluffy.