4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sake
2 chicken thigh fillets
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup cooked white rice
1. Place soy sauce, miring, sugar and sake in a bowl. Mix and marinade for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
3. Line a baking tray with foil.
4. Remove chicken thigh fillets and brush with oil. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
5. Place fillets on the foil-lined tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Tip: to determine if the chicken is cooked, prick it with a fork. The juice should run clear.
6. Serve on top of steamed white rice.